I was looking online for a simple holiday treat and I managed to chance upon these adorable Santa hat brownie bites on Erica’s Sweet Tooth. They look so good and easy to make. Here’s the result of our baking:
Being new to baking, I had to consult my Mom, who has more baking experience, on the brownie recipe. However, Mom hasn’t done any baking in a long while so both of us fumbled through the steps. We originally intended for the brownie base to be round, but the round base turned out to be flaky when we used the round cookie cutter to cut through the brownie. We decided to improvise on the spot and cut the brownies into squares instead.
The brownie has a moist, rich chocolate flavor while the strawberries, sweetened by the whipped cream, add a tangy, tart flavour to the brownie.
Adapted from Mom’s recipe and Erica’s Sweet Tooth
Unsweetened chocolate 150g
Cocoa powder 10g
3 eggs (~65g each)
Caster sugar 60g
Rum essence 1 teaspoon
Low protein flour 70g
Baking powder 1 teaspoon
Toppings: Strawberries and fresh whipped cream
- Melt (A) with double boiler till the mixture is smooth.
- Beat (B) till fluffy.
- Add (A) to (B) and mix well.
- Add in (C) to the batter and mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius and grease 1 7” by 7” square pan. A mini muffin pan would be easier if you do not want to cut the round base on your own.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake at 180 degree Celcius for 10 minutes.
- Change the oven’s temperature to 160 degree Celcius and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let the brownie cool and clean the strawberries.
- Cut the brownie base into any shape of your choice. Skip this step if you use a mini muffin pan.
- Transfer the whipped cream into a piping bag and pipe a ring on top of the brownie base.
- Place the strawberries upside down on the brownie bites and add a small dot of whipped cream on top.
If you would like to save time, you can use brownie mix instead. These easy-to-make Santa hat brownie bites will certainly get your Christmas party guests into the festive mood. More baking adventures with Mom to come!