This cheese cake would be great for dessert if you are expecting some special guests. For amateurs like me, this no-bake cheesecake is easier to make than a baked one. No oven, no fuss, just pop it into the fridge till it’s time to serve!
Adapted from Mom
Ingredients for the crust:
Digestive Biscuits/Marie Biscuits 80g
Ingredients for the Filling:
Cream Cheese 175g
Granulated sugar 45g
A can of blueberries
UHT whipping cream 150g
Unflavoured gelatin 10g
For the topping:
Syrup from the canned blueberries 50g
Unflavoured gelatin half a teaspoon
For the crust:
- Crush the cookies in a blender.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the cookie crumbs.
- Spread and press the mixture evenly across a 6″ spring form cake tin.
- Refrigerate it till firm (at least 30 mins).
For the cream cheese filling:
- Soak the gelatin in water (30g) for 5 minutes. Warm it up till it turns into a clear liquid. Note: do not boil.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar and beat till thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Use the blender to mash the blueberries till smooth. Combine the blueberries and gelatin with the cream cheese mixture. Mix them well.
- Blend the whipping cream at high speed. Mix the whipped cream with the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and distribute it evenly across the cookie crumbs base. Refrigerate it for at least 3 hours.
For the topping:
- Soak the gelatin in water till it turns into a clear liquid..
- Mix the gelatin with the blueberry syrup. Warm it up using a double boiler. Note: Do not boil.
- When the cheesecake is set, pour the blueberry jello over the cake. Decorate the cake with blueberries.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 3 hours.
Notes: Jello can be used for the topping instead. Use a warm towel to wrap around the cake tin so that the cheesecake can be removed easily from the cake tin.
You can enjoy this no-bake cheesecake with blueberries or the fruit of your choice. Feel free to play with the ingredients and try different variations.